Location Gallery

A view of the area around the resort
The Faros of Akrotiri
A nearby Chapel - 1
A nearby Chapel - 2
View to a nearby beach
Pottery, an ancient craft still alive today
Local vines
View to a rock
Sunset view
Sunset view from Alisaxni Resort
Sunset view
Sunrise view from Alisaxni resort

The Location

The Lighthouse (Faros) was manufactured in 1892 from the French company of Lighthouses. Its Square tower, is located 10m higher the house of lighthouse-keepers. It was firstly used in 1892 and was working with petroleum while its luminosity was 23 n.m.

During the 2nd W.W. the lighthouse stayed dead until 1945 when the Hellenic Navy decided to reconstruct the lighthouse network. In 1983 the Lighthouse was supplied with electric power and operated as warded when in 1988 was completely automated. Now it shines a white light with a flash every 10"secs. with luminosity 24 n.m. The cross road just before the village of Akrotiri leads to the Lighthouse. The view of the sunset from the stone-wall surrounding the lighthouse is amazing and is one of the most beautiful on the island.

Akrotiri is located to the south-western part of the island. Buried under the tons of volcanic ashes, this prehistoric settlement was left almost intact and archaeologists have found a settlement which had been active since at least the 3rd milenium B.C.
There are a lot of taverns, hotels around the area, as well as, two very old churches: the church of Saint Triada and the temple of Ipapanti.

Moreover, from Akrotiri, tourists can easily see the Venetian castle, which was destroyed by the Turks when they took Santorini Island during the Turkish sovereignty. While driving to Akrotiri the visitor can admire the great view of Caldera, can feel the colorful atmosphere of Thira (Fira) and Ia.